10 Automotive Maintenance Tips Every Driver Should Know
Car maintenance is an integral part of keeping your vehicle in working condition and expanding its life span. Routine maintenance lowers the chance of having high costs in the future for parts or service. Edwardsville drivers know the importance of upkeep and maintenance, and that it’s more you can do at home. At Auffenberg Mazda we provide auto maintenance tips that can help you take the best care of your vehicle. Choose us to schedule a service appointment.
Automotive Maintenance Tips: What You Need To Know
- Know Your Owner’s Manual: Familiarize yourself with your vehicle’s owner manual. The manual will help you check over your car and keep it running smoothly.
- Inspect Your Vehicle: Use the owner’s manual to learn how to identify warning symbols and signs of wear and tear. When you know the communication of your car, then you can take preventive measures.
- Check Your Tires: Test your tires using a tire pressure gauge, a tool that helps monitor the air pressure in your tires. Ensure that the recommended levels in your owner’s manual are what shows on the indicator. You can use a penny to check the tread tires. Place Lincoln’s head face down; if you can see all of the head, replace your tires.
- Check the Engine Oil Level: Locate the dipstick using your owner’s manual and check your oil levels. Dark oil means you need an oil change. Remember that oil changes reduce friction, excessive wear on the engine and prevent your vehicle from overheating.
- Check the Engine Coolant: Find the coolant reservoir using your owner’s manual and ensure that the levels are correct.
- Inspect the Engine Air Filter: Regularly check your engine air filter for clogs and debris. If there is wear to the air filter, then it needs replacing.
- Use the Right Fuel: Your vehicle has a recommended octane rating, which means you need to use the right fuel when at the pumps. Your car will take either diesel or gasoline.
- Inspect Light Bulbs: You need to check that your lights work correctly at night and your brake lights function. Replace them when necessary.
- Inspect the Windshield Wipers: Bad weather can cause visibility problems, mostly if your windshield wipers do not work correctly. Inspect your wipers and replace them when wear and tear begin to show.
- Keep Track of Maintenance: Take notes on when you had your last maintenance service and what it entailed. When you keep track of your service appointments then you can have automotive maintenance schedules that are up-to-date. This will help the life of your car and its resale value.
Make Your Automotive Maintenance Schedule at Auffenberg Mazda!
Based on the automotive maintenance tips we provided, you can see how important your owner’s manual is to your vehicle’s upkeep. Whether you live near Collinsville or Fairview, our service team can help. Visit our website to see our service specials and contact us at Auffenberg Mazda to make an appointment! Looking to learn more? Discover how to repair car dents and scratches with our team!
More From Auffenberg Mazda
If you’re in the market for a capable and powerful Mazda SUV, we have you covered at Auffenberg Mazda! We’re exploring the different 2022 Mazda CX-5 configurations and standard features so you can decide which SUV trim level is better suited for taking on your Fairview drives. Be sure to explore our new inventory to…
The Mazda3 may be a compact sedan, but it’s well-loved for its impressive performance, advanced technologies, and premium amenities that help make your Fairview drives enjoyable, confident, and safe. Between its chic design, smooth handling, and roomy interior, it’s not surprising that it’s a top choice for many drivers. View Inventory Contact Us Earn…
The new Mazda CX-9 is known for offering strong specs, efficient performance, and plenty of safety features. However, you may be even more impressed with the cabin of this premium Mazda 3-row SUV. The 2021 Mazda CX-9 interior serves up a sophisticated blend of innovative technology, deluxe finishes, and comforting amenities. What’s more, the…